Friday, September 18, 2009

Just Thinking...

I have to just write about how amazing it is to have a 'home" here! Bernie and Doug are 2 of the most amazing people. They truly have taken in this girl from Atlanta. I know them via a sorority sister. Doug has been INCREDIBLE! He sends my resumer to EVERYONE he knows, which is evidently a TON of ppl. Bernie, she's so AWESOME! She treats me like her little sister, allowing me to vent and open up about everything.

Pretty much they are a young family, with HUGE hearts, and now have a 22 yr old in the house all the time. They let me just come over. Watch TV. use the internet. and just feel at home. It's A-MAZING! They cook me dinner and allow me to just be me. I'm not on edge or anything. I feel at home.

Also, it's funny b/c every night I have to text Bernie to let her know I'm in my house. I love it. They have all my car info. A SWEEEEET pic of me. and all the contacts of anyone   i know out here. Just in case...

It just amazes me that God puts people in my life to make LA really feel at home! I mean out here it is ALL ABOUT WHO U KNOW! They know a lot of people. Last night- went to dinner with Bernie and her friends. It was great. These middle aged women allowed me to hang out with them. And now they want to help me! I mean both women work as producers for network news and network programming. It amazes me that they would be so willing! These women are amazing. It just makes me realize that no matter what, I do have people out here who care and are rooting me on.

Without this family, i don't know that I'd be enjoying LA as much. Yes, it's tough. Yes, it gets lonely. But at the end of the day, I am here for a reason. I am following MY dream. I'm doing this for MYSELF! and I do have people who want to help me, even though they barely know me. God is TRULy wonderful in so many ways.

I've been over here all day, just hanging out. I'm just SO BLESSED to have a people here that are amazing!!

1 comment:

  1. God does amazing things with our lives! Thank goodnes he brought a wonderful family into your life.

    ReplyDelete