HELLLLO LA!! It's just Jenna!!!
yes, I know what u thinking, but one day that's how I'm gonna start my show...so prepare urself!
So, i've been officially in LA now one week and 6 days...almost 2 weeks!!! There's sooo much to tell. Boy, has this new start been nothing but an exciting adventure!! Yes, I've had to do a lot of adjusting!!! It's no Atl!! I'm alone a lot, but that has turned into an amazing thing!! I'm learning new things about myself and this place daily. Every day gets better and better. But ooo man, what an adventure.
Who would have ever thought that a girl from Snellville, GA would pack up with 2 suitcases, a carryone, and laptop bag, 1st-if u know me, i left EVERYTHING!!! but i would have never thought I would actually pack up, leave everyone/ everything I know and love and move to the opposite coast with no one and just her bags and little money. Honestly, if you would have told me that, I would have laughed. But this is NEW me. I'm taking LOTS of risks, following a dream, and for once in my life being completely selfish. This is the only time for me to be me and do 100% what I want. I love it! Luckily, I have an AMAZING support team who push me everyday. I know those people will always be there for me and always support my decisions. Yes, it was hard to give them hugs and kisses. THen, watch them watch me go through security at Hartsfield-Jackson, waving the WHOLE time. But those that let me go, know that I've got big plans and need to do this.
It's crazy. My whole life, Atlanta was home. I went 45 minutes away to school. I saw my mom, dad, and best friends at least every 2 weeks. It's hard to be in a huge city and know you have maybe a handful of people, maybe. But honestly, I think it is the BEST thing that could have ever happened to me. I'm learning WAY too much about myself- like I do want to be in control and I want it my way. I'm hard headed. I'm loud, obnoxious, but care so much. But hey, that's who I am. You can take it or leave it. I learning to be completely ok if not everyone likes me. To be honest, I'm learning to really not care what others think. Because those who know and love me, know that I am who I am and I'm going after something I really want. Obstacles are in my way, but that is just gonna make me even stronger! I'm not alone. I'm so dependent on the one thing that matters-my relationship with Christ. I know He's not gonna lead me somewhere I can't handle. I know He's with me all the time and everything is HIS plan, not mine. I've taken a leap of faith and learning to give everyting to Him. I needed that. He's showing me that I can be myself in a town that wants me to be everything I'm not.
Soooo...the reason I'm writing this is to share this experience with everyone! B/c just within the 1st few weeks, I've been through a lot!!!! and to be honest, I have a lot of bones to pick with this place. So i'm giving it to you as a girl from the south living in one heck of a place.
My dearest GA,
I miss the green oaks and magnolia trees. Here it's nothing but palm trees and trees on fire. I miss the open fields. Here it's street, street, street, ppl, ppl, ppl. Shop, shop, shop. There is NO empty space. But it is cool because even though houses don't really have front yards, the views are gorgeous. I mean there's soooo many beaches and when ur at the beach and look to ur right, there's the mountains. I PUT my FOOT IN THE PACIFIC!!!! SO i just need to Arctic to complete that goal! BUt it's so cool to be at the beach one minute, then 20 minutes later be in the Hollywood Hills overlooking this giant area that is Downtown.There is so much hustle and bustle. I wonder about everyone's life. Like the guy in front of me reading a book. Or the nicely dressed men to the left of me smoking and intensely talking. Or the lonely old man alone in the corner listening to music. Like...what do they do...what's their story? it's crazy to think there are so many different people in this place!!! It's so cool!
I miss the paved expressway. OMG you know how we ALL hate the construction that never ends on I-95 or I-85 in south georgia? or 75-85 in Atlanta, well i'd MUCH rather be stuck in that than when you drive you're not sure if you car has a flat tire because it's bump bump bump on the interstates. I actually miss driving behind the old women and men in their cadillacs or town cars going 25 on a 45 mph street. Those cadillacs and town cars here swerve in and out of lanes going 35 in a 25. I look like great driver here! ooo and looks i get are priceless. BUt I'm gonna keep reping my GA tag!!! but i get the looks by most that drive pass me...its AWESOME!!
I miss the "y'all and fixin'" I miss the way people FLOCK to CFAs at noon or how one is one every corner!!! I have to drive 30 minutes to find a CFA and when i get there NO one is in the place, and those that are are so confused b/c there's no burgers. It's CFA ppl!!!! Oooo and did I mention there is ACTUALLY SWEET TEA!!! GOD BLESS CFA!!!
I miss fireflies and bugs-wait no i don't.
I miss the humidity and how my hair afros when I step outside. My hair has the privilege of being straight everyday. OOO this heat of 101 has NOTHING on GA's 85. I walk outside. NO sweat. No curly hair. It's 100, but SUNNY and beautiful!!! everyday it's the same...no real clouds or sun one minute, rain the next. LOVES IT!!
I miss UGA football tailgates and those Atl Braves. Instead, I'm an SEC girl stuck in PAC 10 HELL!!!! OMG if i hear ONE more person tell me HOW GREAT the TRojans are, I'm gonna punch them! Ok, i'm not mean like that. But, ppl let's face it...YOU PLAY NO 1!!!! Ohio State plays NO 1!!! So this is actually a funny story so I MUST share. If you know me...you'll know DON'T MESS WITH ME AND MY FOOTBALL!!!!! BUt this guy didn't understand that I'm from the south with 3 brothers, yes, I am a girl. But where I am from, we are know FOOTBALL!!! So anyways... he walks in, granted he's from CAli and lived here his whole life. So he opens his mouth about HOW great USC is...blah blah blah, yea UGA lost, I'm not talking about it. But he's like "USC could beat anyone." Of course being the quiet person I am said, "Um, i'm sry no they can't." So we got in a discussion about how I think USC plays no one. He goes" Ohio State and UCLA." I almost peed in my pants laughing, but held back. I said, ok if you're so great, come play SEC teams. He proceeded to tell me how UGA sucked. I told him, I'm not talking about UGA, I'm talking about the SEC. HE was like well, USC has won the nat'l championship for the last 10 years. At that point, I realized the idiot I was talking with and just laughed. I said that's why Florida and LSU won it for the last 3. and what about Texas and Miami. Hmmm...I CAN'T stand hearing about USC. No I don't play football, and yes I know its a good program, but come on!!!! I mean I know it gets annoying with UGA always talking about 1980, but i'm not talking UGA, I just want one person out here to admit that the SEC is the HARDEST conference! That's all. Let's say he walked away going she's a girl, she doesn't know anything. You're right. But this place has NOTHING on UGA tailgating or traditions in the south! SRY, just for those who don't know I'm currently living in the USC area with 3 USC swimmers. So the rest of LA could care less. But where I am, does. Get you facts straight then come talk to me about football.
I miss the random smiles and hellos when you pass a stranger. I was in a parking garage the other day and of course I lost my ticket. So, i'm trying to pay the full price. But can't. SO i ask the guy who works there to help. I looked at me and goes "figure it out yourself." THANKS!!!! oo and then a throw away a parking ticket b/c i got the validation one. Well, you need both. so the attendant looked at me and goes its" $40. I looked and me and my roomie laughed. Yea, right. He wasn't kidding. He was like you should know that. I go I'm not from here. He says," so you go to USC" at this point I'm pissed b/c i had to go through the trash to find the ticket. so I said "No, i graduated from the United states, stopped myself, and said University of GA. I was laughing the whole time, but goooo me!!! It was a very Laura comment. So, yea, I love when ppl are nice and kind. But most are into themselves. It's ALL about appearance out here. In certain areas, they way ppl walk, I'm like get over yourself. Hve confidence, stand tall, but don't walk like a ur better than the world b/c i'm gonna be 100% honest, i'm kinda disappointed in ppl. haha...i mean i thought everyone was gonna be super fake and super pretty, there's a lot, but I think the South has WAY prettier ppl. Maybe I'm biased or ppl there are little more real, but that's what I think. And who am i...just Jenna. Don't get wrong there are A LOT Of pretty ppl, but there's a lot of different ppl here which is super cool! I was told that be prepared to go on a date with a guy who drives a nice car and has nice things, but know he might ask you to just get water and the cheapest thing, because he actually can't afford it. OOO JOY!!! It's crazy too...there are NO trucks!! I miss the guys in trucks and polos, baseball caps, or just in tshirts and gym shorts, or a tshirt and jeans. Here most guys I've seen are either extremely metro or surfer. Not really my type. But hey, I'm adjusting. Most are too pretty for me. I mean I don't want someone who takes longer than me to get ready.
But then I remind myself, I'm not here to look for guys, I'm following my dream of being the next OPRAH!!! I have a really good feeling about it too. I mean I know God never gives me something i can't handle. I know that. There's so many stories and I will def keep updating!! This is the 1st one, which means it can ONLY get better!!! THank you guys for all you love a support. Evidently my resume is being passed up to several places thanks to Doug who is AMAZING!!! Him and his wife have taken me in and treated me like family. So, I know I am ok!! But thank you all for your love and support. I know most thought i was crazy, but here I am and say a prayer. But things will work the way it's supposed to. Sry this was so long, but there's so much!!! 2 wks to tell...but there will be more to come soon!!
Increase the peace, I'm out!
Jenna
love you!! this is funny. i'm glad we decided to be cool bloggers. lol
ReplyDeleteJenna! Your adventure sounds so exciting. I'll be praying that God gives you the wisdom to follow His plan for you and the patience to endure anything that gets thrown your way.
ReplyDelete