Thursday, March 18, 2010

THANK YOU

The past few weeks have been SO encouraging. I came out here and no lie...STRUGGLED. It was tough knowing NO ONE, living in the hood in a room w/ a bullet hole, and not having a job. I think my best friends and family heard more tears than anything. I heard, "just come home" ALOT. But I pushed through even though a lot of the time felt like I was failing. It was rough. But the last few weeks has given me so much confidence not only in myself but other people.

When I decided to move out here, I know most people thought I had lost my mind. I was moving with absolutely nothing and somewhat of a plan. I had a lot of people rooting against me...but so many rooting for me. Looking back, it was insane. But I had a dream. And since I was little, "follow your dreams" and "don't live with regrets" has ALWAYS been drilled in my head. My mom has always said I should take risks, go for MY goals, and the worst that will happen is i learned something

So of course now, I'm loving life. I have a killer opportunity with GMA, friends, an amazing roomie, an LA family, a church community, and confidence. I'm not the same girl that moved out here 7 months ago. But that's not the point of this post. I've heard so many encouraging comments in the last few weeks. Erin Andrews from ESPN said, "I'm impressed by you. To be 22, you have your shit together" FYI i don't...but if it comes off that way...GRRReat! Then, my favorite producer told me that he wants to help me out as much as possible b/c I'm always wanting to learn...do most ppl not? And yesterday, another producer who is leaving...told me that he was impressed by me. He told me I'm fearless, eager, and so hardworking. He told me that he wants to take me with him to his next job. That's such a honor. I was speechless.

When I look at myself, I see Jenna. A girl with a dream from Atlanta...who works b/c I want to. They things I do are not because i'm trying to show off, it's to reach my goal. bc i know the ONLY thing standing in my way is myself. I don't see myself as impressive. I am just living the life I want to live and SO blessed to have amazing people along the way.

I guess I jsut want to say...follow YOUR heart. Follow YOUR dreams. No matter how often people tell you no or what are you doing. GO FOR IT! The only thing that will ever stand in your way is YOURSELF. It's not an easy road...we will always have highs and lows. We will sometimes stop and ask ourselves...what the hell am i doing? There will be a giant mountain that we will have to climb. There will be times when we feel that we can't do it. But the thing that we must remember is that we are not alone. Our lives are not meant to glorify ourselves, it's to glorify God. We are put on this Earth for a reason. Some of us will go on the be accomplished professionals. Others are meant to be amazing mothers and fathers who will guide children on their paths. and Some of us are meant to travel the world/country making a difference in peoples lives. We are all meant to do different things. We are all going to mess up. But at the end of the day, it will not be our accomplishments that matter...it's the relationship with Him.

Sorry I am rambling, but I just want to say...LIVE YOUR DREAM. Go for it. Take risks...b/c the most successful people didn't sit and back and let it happen. I just thank you. Thank you for pushing me to continue, even when i don't feel up to it! We all need to live our lives in our own ways!! I'm still going hard after my dream. I will work in this industry...watch out Erin Andrews...watch out Oprah...I will have your job one day?!?!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment